Annual Conference. A forum for the exchange of useful information on significant developments and trends in governmental ethics, elections, freedom of information, campaign finance and lobbying laws. Recent conferences have attracted over 400 participants!
Why Should You Or Your Organization Attend?
COGEL’s Annual Conference is an invaluable opportunity for professionals working in government ethics, elections, disclosure, enforcement, and other types of regulatory agencies. Whether your field is public disclosure, conflict of interest, Freedom of Information, or campaign finance, the COGEL Annual Conference has panels and speakers tailored to your information needs.
The COGEL Annual Conference offers the rare opportunity to interact with your professional peers and learn first-hand about their challenges and successes. These contacts can prove invaluable, particularly as advances in technology and ongoing government reform efforts lead to rapid changes in how COGEL members accomplish the goals of their respective agencies.
- Addressing Voter Turnout
- Agency IT Systems Development
- Campaign Finance Update
- Dealing with the Difficult Requester
- Early Voting and Voting Technologies
- Ethical Issues for the Government Attorney
- Elections Update: Current Trends and Litigation
- Electronic Filing Workshops
- Freedom of Information – Enforcement and Penalties
- Lobby Update
- Managing Electronic Records
- Pay to Play: Contractors and Contributions
- Public Financing: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
- Public Financing Under Fire
- Training - Developing and Maintaining Public Education Programs
- Trusting Your Gut: Drop, Settle, or Prosecute?
- The Right Hon. Joe Clark, Former Prime Minister of Canada
- Professor Paula Franzese, Peter W. Rodino Professor of Law, Seton Hall University and Past Chair of New Jersey Election Law Enforcement Commission
- Chairman of the Iraqi Election Commission
- The Anatomy of Ethics Reform in New Jersey
- Canadian Accountability Act